Tuesday 19 April 2016

Evaluation Q4 - Who would be the audience for your media product?

"At the beginning my magazine was going to be aimed at males between the age of 18 and 30. When making my magazine I came to the conclusion that I wanted my magazine audience is different. The primary audience age range was between 18 - 30 and the secondary audience is older or younger and some females. I wanted to increase the audience so I included female stories and images to target a female audience as well as male. Music magazines are dominated by male readers therefore I wanted to widen his by increasing the female audience. I feel the magazine is now not gender specific as the content fits for both sexes.

Because my magazine focuses on Indie music, and my research has shown that it attracts a working class/ lower middle class audience. My audience would be largely working class/ lower middle class and in employment. If the audience is in employment that makes it easier to afford seeing concerts, buying music and buying my magazine. The main model and article in my magazine sympathises more with working class males which could attract a male dominated audience. It is clear to see that the audience that would enjoy my magazine the most is people into indie music. This is shown through the content and house style as it was made from inspiration from Q magazine"

No comments:

Post a Comment