Friday 1 April 2016

Evaluation Q1 - In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

'When making my front cover, I looked to the covers of magazines from Q. Because of this, my magazine covers may replicate certain features of the two magazine covers I used as my style model. However I have changed them enough to create my own house style and to show off my skills.

I used a quotation from my article to hook the audience. I used a different font and a larger size to make it stand out. The main storyline dominates the front page and has the photo to link with the storyline. The storyline has straplines which adds more information and provides a bigger hook for the reader. The main image is positioned in front of the masthead like most magazines. It is positioned and reaching out to the audience to appeal to them and grabbing their attention.

Just like most Q magazines, my masthead is in the top left hand corner of the page. This is usually typical with magazines. The magazine name normally has to stand out and be recognisable. This is to catch the reader’s eye and publicises the magazine in shops.

My masthead is a rectangle shape whereas my style models mastheads are square shaped. This is to make the magazine look bold and clear at the top of a busy front page. My main image on the front page covers half of the masthead however this doesn’t usually matter as a masthead is used in every magazine by the company. This means it becomes recognisable.

I used banners which is a common convention of magazines however not on Q magazines. My style model did not have a banner just a smaller one positioned on the masthead. My banner was spread out along the top of the front page.

It is a simple three font-colour scheme. It has a limited number of fonts and colours which is a common magazine convention.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment