Sunday 3 April 2016

Evaluation Q1 - In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

‘’When looking for a style model for my double page article, I also looked to Q magazine again. Since Q is a similar kind of magazine to the one I wanted to make I decided to refer to it for help and ideas.

The colour scheme is continued in the article. This links to the front page which creates an iconic house style that will be recognisable in the market place to my audience.

Double pages are good for articles as you can include photos and more information, which in this case is the article I have written. My style model is similar to my actual work.
The top half of the double page is dominated by a landscape photo which was taken from inspiration from my style model. The photo the style model uses is of a similar shot to the one I used. I used this photo to focus on the background more and felt like the photo set the scene. I decided to link my artist to a mise-en scene which is relevant. In this case my artist is from Tyneside and decided to take the photo at the Quayside in Newcastle which is a perfect link and makes sense. It is also relatable with the audience as people will recognise the area and associate the artist with it.

Like my style model I have split my article into for columns with an introduction just like Q have done. I think doing this makes it easier to read and follow. It used a conventional layout mixing illustration and columns. The text is written in black with the questions being in red for the interview. The questions are in red which I did to follow the house style colours of the magazine. The model in my photo is staring directly at the camera which shows clear facial expression and gives a strong connection with the audience.

I used the pun 'Tyne to adjust' as my title for the article which links back to the mise-en-scene and the artist's background story. The pun also adds hints to what the article is about and adds an element of humour that the audience can connect with. I also added a quotation to suck in the audience and give and insight to what the interview is about. At the bottom under the title I added an introduction which gives background information about the artist. This idea was taken from the small introduction in my style model. I think that an introduction is important in an article as it helps attract readers who may be undecided as to whether or not read the whole article. I wrote the introduction in a block colour of red which links with the house style and dominant colours of my magazine which I think helps to make it stand out to the reader and makes it easy to locate.'           

No comments:

Post a Comment