Saturday 2 April 2016

Evaluation Q1 - In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?



‘’When searching for style models I decided to look at Q magazine. Q magazine have a double page contents which I feel allows much more information to be included. You can add more photos and more information which I wanted to do. 

As shown in the Q magazine the masthead is placed in the top left corner. I mirrored this and whenever I included my masthead, which was in my content page and front cover, it was in the top left corner. Another aspect of my contents page is the layout of the original contents page and my contents pages are similar, as in the photos and text are similar.  Another aspect of my contents is that it was created due to inspiration from my style models is the blocks used to highlight the subheadings of the contents list. The thicker red lines to separate each page in the magazine, the issue number and word ‘contents’ are in a large red banner along the top and the ‘features’ of the magazine is in a thicker red bar above the photo.


Q magazine contents pages are ordered, neat and simplistic. The photos are evenly spaced and are similar in size to make the layout look neat. The writing in the contents column and feature column are spaced evenly as well and are directly beneath one another.

Another similarity between the two content’s pages are the use of live images from concerts. This gives a hint to the content of the rest of the magazine. The use of page numbers on the top of each image in the Q magazine is also used in my own. Numbers are used to help guide the reader throughout the rest of the magazine.’’


No comments:

Post a Comment